The MATHCOUNTS Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides engaging math programs to U.S. middle school students of all ability levels in order to build confidence and improve attitudes towards math and problem solving. Middle school students exist at a critical juncture in which their love for mathematics must be nurtured, or their fear of mathematics must be overcome. MATHCOUNTS provides students with the kinds of experiences that foster growth and transcend fear to lay a foundation for future success.
For more than 30 years MATHCOUNTS has provided enriching, extracurricular opportunities to students and free, high-quality resources to educators. Every child is unique, but we believe all children are capable of seeing the beauty and joy of math, whether they come to us already passionate about math, or intimidated by it.
There are many paths to math. We work to ensure that all students discover theirs.
The MATHCOUNTS Competition Series is a national program that provides students the opportunity to compete in live, in-person contests against and alongside their peers. Created in 1983, it is the longest-running MATHCOUNTS program and is open to all sixth-, seventh- and eighth-grade students.
- November 1, 2016 – 2017 School Competition available for download to registered Competition Series Coaches
- November 18, 2016 – Deadline to register for the Competition Series at reduced registration rates
- December 16, 2016 – Competition Series Registration Deadline
- February 1-28, 2017 – Chapter Competitions
- March 12, 2017 – Southern California State MATHCOUNTS competition
- March 18, 2017 – Northern California State MATHCOUNTS competition
- May 14-15, 2017 – 2017 Raytheon MATHCOUNTS National Championship held in Orlando, FL
Important Dates for 2016-2017 Competition
Tell Me More About Engineering!
Visit the Engineering Section of our website to learn more about this exciting and prestigious career opportunity for students who excel in mathematics.
The 2016-2017 MATHCOUNTS COMPETITION HAS CONCLUDED!
California's team earned third place at the National MATHCOUNTS competition held May 14 and 15, 2017, in Orlando, Fla.! Congratulations to the team members on a great showing!
Watch this space for information on the 2017-2018 MATHCOUNTS competition, starting in November 2017.